Painting Grapes


I've always wanted to paint grapes but found the task rather daunting just to think about.  So then, following the advice of my dad/art advisor/all-time-favorite artist Peter Yesis, I just did it.  It reminded me of learning to drive when he had me go backwards first because, after that, going forwards would be considered easy.  Unfortunately, I was so focused on the grapes that I skipped over the background in an attempt to block them off - which of course lead to an obsessive "let's just paint them and get them done".  Here's the result - half-done grapes and a background that's nonexistent.  Alright, so lesson learned.  Now I'll just follow Pete's example and not get compulsive (not much anyways), enjoy the process, and go repaint the grapes after I paint the background.

Comments