You know you're an artist when . . .




You know you're an artist when you visit Washington D.C. and the Lincoln Memorial looks like the best cast drawing practice you've ever seen!  There's the steps, the pillars, and the statue of Lincoln himself - it could be weeks before you ever resurface and join the real world again!


During an impromptu visit to the nation's capital, I managed to squeeze in a nice homeschooling trip to the Lincoln Memorial.  Although I kept replaying scenes from Mr. Smith Goes to Washington in my head, especially when my Thinker started reading the Gettysburg Address off the wall aloud, I still managed to come away with the feeling that I have to go back with my sketchbook!  Maybe in the Spring, when I'm a bit further along with Bargue . . . .


Speaking of Bargue . . . here's the latest sketches.  I'm gaining confidence!  I'm finding that I can get the angles of each line, but measuring the spaces between the lines and thinking of the relationship between all the lines is my weak spot.  More practice!  Practice always helps!


Comments