Covert sketching

It's been months since I've posted.  Let's face it, it's been months since I've painted. And it will probably be many more before I'm able to continue with any art regularly.  The reason?  We have added a new member to our family.  Now in addition to El CEO, the ArtMom, the Thinker, and the Happy Cricket, we have the Bunny.

Now instead of spending regular time in the studio, I'm snatching minutes to sketch between schooling, errands, activities, and changing diapers.  Yet somehow all this covert sketching is paying off, making me more focused and purposeful when I do take out my sketchbook.

Sometimes I focus on anatomy practice - particularly funny when I share it with my kids and they have suggestions for more dramatic eyes or mouths.







Sometimes I manage to make a quick sketch when we're out travelling.  Most of the time these are in between feeding my Bunny and teaching or answering questions for my Thinker and my Happy Cricket.






Then there are the most covert sketches of all, the ones I do of family and friends when they aren't looking.





 And sometimes, just for fun, I sketch with my kids.  Here is a trial at illustration I did with my Happy Cricket in mind.

Comments